geometry not found

Antworten
johnr

geometry not found

Beitrag von johnr » Freitag 10. Juni 2022, 06:00

After creating footprint schematic and exporting as gerber, opening it in flatcam produces error "no geometry found. How do I create the needed geometry in sprint layout?

abacom
Site Admin
Re: geometry not found

Beitrag von abacom » Freitag 10. Juni 2022, 07:17

I don't know "flatcam", so I can't really help you here.
Maybe the outline layer is missing?
ABACOM support

johnr

Beitrag von johnr » Samstag 11. Juni 2022, 17:44

I am trying to create a foot print schematic to convert to gerber so it can be converted to cnc file to mill at home and not to be sent to a pcb mfg to produce.
In a video on you tube it shows the sprint layout being used to make the foot print, then exported as gerber file by sprint layout, which is then opened in flatcam to create the cnc file for milling. But flatcam errors as in previous post. It seems that the connections between the components are not included in the gerber file created by sprint layout, only the foot prints of the components. Is there any documentation available to explain the steps require to produce a complete gerber file by sprint layout? I need only the top layer of copper clad for milling the foot prints and the bottom layer will not be milled. Any help would be trulely

johnr

Beitrag von johnr » Samstag 11. Juni 2022, 17:48

My last post was suddenly interrupted and posted before finishing it.

johnr

Beitrag von johnr » Samstag 11. Juni 2022, 18:55

Abacom, I see my errors now, what I get for not paying closer attention and checking deeper into what I am seeing in video's and tutorials. I thank you for replying and trying to help, I have corrected myself and now my problem has been solved.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Thema: Gerberdateien“