FULL SCREEN OPTION for the panel

Antworten
piksys50

FULL SCREEN OPTION for the panel

Beitrag von piksys50 » Mittwoch 13. Februar 2019, 16:40

I need help from more experienced or producer PL4.
… very useful function but works in native format (I think ;) !).
I can not force PL4 to full screen in changed format. The native format is 1920x1080. I need 1080x1920. This function formats the panel to native (the image cuts and returns to the native format).
Is it my ignorance or PL4 working only in native formats?
If so, how to protect the panel from reducing scrolling, before minimizing, closing etc. on the screen?
Each suggestion expected. thx.

piksys50
NY,USA

abacom
Site Admin
Re: FULL SCREEN OPTION for the panel

Beitrag von abacom » Donnerstag 14. Februar 2019, 10:00

ProfiLab does not scale your apps in any way. So better don´t design larger than the targeted screen.
"If so, how to protect the panel from reducing scrolling, before minimizing, closing etc. on the screen? "
Unfortunately I don´t understand this part of your request.
ABACOM support

piksys50

Beitrag von piksys50 » Donnerstag 14. Februar 2019, 19:48

I do not use scaling. I use the most standard native monitors settings. I wrote 1920x1080 and the rotation of this resolution by 90 degrees that is 1080x1920. Building applications in the LANDSCAPE format and using it in PORTRAIT only by physically rotating the monitor is not an option, because I do not see the tool(s) in PL4 to rotate anything.
This is a standard in every monitor. On the rotated screen(to portrait) the content PL4 is OK ... the image scales as it should. Whereas I want to use your option (I wrote about it) FULLSCREEN set from the application level (PL4). This setting does not work on any monitor (eg ACER 272, R240 etc). This function "scales" the image to the basic 1920x1080 (standard LANDSCAPE) on the screen which is in PORTRAIT mode.

It's my question was, ...."if it's how to protect the panel from reducing scrolling, before minimizing, closing etc. on the screen?"
I think it's simple. Fullscreen from the application "blocks" the image permanently. there is no possibility to reduce it, move it, etc. Because there are no tools for this - they are hidden. The picture is as if pasted into the frame of the monitor( its important for me... MUST be my frame only- nothing more!). And the question was (is) in case it turns out that FULLSCREEN does not work. I want to have the same effect - no possibility of "combining" by the user (not moving, closing etc).

Regards,
piksys50

abacom
Site Admin

Beitrag von abacom » Dienstag 19. Februar 2019, 10:12

Yes, "Fullscreen" means NOT to have any window (Windows) controls. (That´s the idea of it.) This option captures the maximum available screen space, but this was never meant or tested on rotate-enabled screens. (I not even have one.) To return to a "windowed" display at run-time, you´ll have check run-time option "Configuration: Front panel", allowing to uncheck "fullscreen" in the properties if required. (Please excuse my poor English.)
fs.png
fs.png (42.53 KiB) 5141 mal betrachtet
ABACOM support

piksys50

Beitrag von piksys50 » Dienstag 19. Februar 2019, 18:00

Yes, I've already done it earlier. But the problem still exists.
Maybe it is worth improving because it is a very desirable function. The "other" monitor is not necessary for this. All you have to do is enter the video card's settings and choose the function (attached picture).
Rotation works on every monitor. Currently, I have no idea how to protect against closing, minimizing and switching off the screen application. :(
The (upper) bar still exists and is functional. Or .... add a component rotation tool to PL4. Physically, you will only be able to rotate the screen, but a recalibration such as a touch screen is a simple matter. What do you think dear abacom ;) ?
Dateianhänge
video_control_panel.png
a standard menu and settings for video card
video_control_panel.png (79.65 KiB) 5130 mal betrachtet

abacom
Site Admin

Beitrag von abacom » Mittwoch 20. Februar 2019, 10:31

Thanks for advice. I´ll try to make some simple improvements on screen orientation with next update.

There isn´t any "100% close protection" mechanism. You may set the upper toolbar to closed,
but ALT-F4 will still work, as well as a kill from task task manager.
ABACOM support

abacom
Site Admin

Beitrag von abacom » Mittwoch 20. Februar 2019, 13:37

Please check out the update of today.
ABACOM support

piksys50

Beitrag von piksys50 » Mittwoch 20. Februar 2019, 17:00

OK...thank you. I will try.
in my app operator has access to the screen only.
regards,
piksys50

Mike D

Beitrag von Mike D » Donnerstag 21. Februar 2019, 09:42

there are external tools to disable alt-F4 and ctrl-alt-del

Mike

piksys50

Beitrag von piksys50 » Donnerstag 21. Februar 2019, 18:28

Mike,

disable what? ALt-F4 and Ctrl-Alt-Del? for what? I do not want to kill my application.
read please what I wrote and what problem is.
I wrote clearly.... operator has monitor only ...NOTHING MORE. OK?
but the main problem is in portrait format of the screen and FULLSCREEN function.
write to me how to solve these problems.

regards,
piksys50

piksys50

Re: FULL SCREEN OPTION for the panel - solved

Beitrag von piksys50 » Sonntag 24. Februar 2019, 23:24

I'm closing this thread.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Thema: Frontplatte und Frontplattenelemente“