LabJack: UE9 with Profilab 4.0

Antworten
Anu

LabJack: UE9 with Profilab 4.0

Beitrag von Anu » Donnerstag 21. Januar 2010, 22:58

Hello Everybody,

I am working on a system that uses UE9. The system has been programmed using Profilab Expert. The source file for this project is not available. We are running the system using the .exe file given to us. This set-up was done a long time ago and now we are ready to make changes due to the break throughs in our research. As the source code is not available, I resorted to going back and coding everything from the scratch.

All i am trying to do in STEP 1 is to just read out the values of the Analog inputs (AIN0-AIN13). So i shut down the running system and unhooked the other software from the system. I connected my laptop containing my new Profilab .exe file to only read out the Analog inputs. There are about 6 pumps connected to this system. For some unknown reason, all the pumps start when i run this program. I debugged the program completely and made sure that all the digital i-os are disabled and still some value is being fed to the pumps and they start up.

As i am trying to reverse engineer this already built system, I am terribly confused about what could cause the pumps to start by themselves. This is a very unsafe operating condition and I plan not to test on this anymore as more than twice it cut off the communication and caused the system to shut down.

Does the Labjack possess default HIGH state for the digital ios? I tried adding an inverter and shutting all the pumps on start up. Yet, the pumps started up.

Please advise!

Thanks!

irrerpolterer

Re: UE9 and Profilab 4.0

Beitrag von irrerpolterer » Mittwoch 27. Januar 2010, 13:56

Hello Anu!

First: Profilab Expert 4.0 is usually named with PLE. The latest update is here: http://www.abacom-online.de/html/updates.html
The last one is dated with 26.01.10.

It's hard to say You have to write the application new. Without the sourcefile and the version info You can't mirror the old *.exe to a new project. Look to the hardware-button during running the *.exe. Perhaps You find the main we say "function blocks" and their entries. Lego or other construction toys have the same idea, You know?

The front panel explains itself. The UE9 is an own "function block".

I have only an U12, Your UE9 supports two TCP-Ethernet-connections at the same time. One for running the applocation and one for let's say sniffing. You started logging, ok.

But most important is to know the process which should be controlled.

Good luck!

Greetings

Antworten

Zurück zu „Geräte: LabJack“