A problem with DLPIO8 channel 5 using DS18B20 temp sensor

Antworten
Augie

A problem with DLPIO8 channel 5 using DS18B20 temp sensor

Beitrag von Augie » Montag 9. Januar 2012, 19:02

I am having problems with DLPIO8 G when using ProfiLab 4.0 Expert. I cannot get channel 5 to function using a Temperature DS18B20 sensor.
The readout for this channel is always zero degrees C. All other channels function correctly and channel 5 reads analog voltage correctly.
I have tried four new sensors (including a DS1820) and 3 new DLPIO8 with the same result. I have also tried Real View with the same result.
I have downloaded latest update from your web site with no change to the problem. I have also tried a different computer with the same result.
Have you any suggestions?

abacom
Site Admin
Re: A problem with DLPIO8 channel 5 using DS18B20 temp sensor

Beitrag von abacom » Dienstag 10. Januar 2012, 08:49

Wire or cable (length) problem? Tried to exchange channels? Connect a sensor from a approved working channel to CH5.
Error in software setup/config possible as well.
ABACOM support

Augie

Beitrag von Augie » Donnerstag 12. Januar 2012, 19:38

Dear ABACOM support,
I have tried shorter cable (<200mm). I have tried sensors from working channels. I have tried numerous setup configurations and numerous versions of application including your demo program with absolutely no modifications. All of these with no success.

You seem to be saying that this maybe the first time you have heard about this problem?

I am configuring a system with 4 DLPIO8 and 32 temperature sensors for a home automation application. It would be a shame to loose 4 channels.

Thankyou for your help and in advance for any further ideas?

Augie

abacom
Site Admin

Beitrag von abacom » Freitag 13. Januar 2012, 08:50

I tried myself often enough successfully and honestly never heard of such a problem.
It may be possible that there are changes in devices firmware ... I´ll have to find out.
Where and when did you purchase them?
ABACOM support

Antworten

Zurück zu „Thema Temperatur“