Realview with Custom RS232 input

Wir bemühen uns Ihre Fragestellung zu beantworten.
Antworten
danielk

Realview with Custom RS232 input

Beitrag von danielk » Montag 13. März 2017, 14:10

Hi,
I am Trying to plot data from one of our load measuring devices but I am experiencing some problems. I have set the system for another RS232 device, and that was all working correctly.

Now I have a device that gives a small datastring approx 1x per second that looks like this: 11, 2.222, 33
When I view the output in my terminal program, I can see the data coming in without problems. I would like to record a plot of the middle part of this datastring "2.222" so I have set the hardware setting in Realview to 3 channels, separated by a comma.

No data seems to be coming in to Realview for some reason.
What am I doing wrong?? See attached image for all settings.......

Thanks!
Daniel
Dateianhänge
GL112.jpg
No data seems to be coming in to Realview for some reason. What am I doing wrong?? See attached image for all settings.......
GL112.jpg (150.17 KiB) 5386 mal betrachtet

QMESAR

Re: Realview with Custom RS232 input

Beitrag von QMESAR » Mittwoch 24. April 2019, 16:54

Hi
From your topic description it seems you using the user inteface HW selection to communicate with a custom device(not a ABACOM supported device)
in this case my understanding of the help file is that the string should terminate with CHR(13) and CHR(10) ,
from your screen print it seems not to be present .just a :D guess from my side here

abacom
Site Admin
Re: Realview with Custom RS232 input

Beitrag von abacom » Donnerstag 25. April 2019, 08:13

RealView does not support HARDWARE handshake as flow control option. It uses NO HANDSHAKE. So you have to setup your device that way, if possible (see device manual). In case your device does necessarily rely on hardware handshake, you may have to modify your RS232 cable wiring.
This may be helpful: https://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/RS-232.html
ABACOM support

Antworten

Zurück zu „REALVIEW SOFTWARE Support“