Phidgets überarbeitet

Antworten
abacom
Site Admin
Phidgets überarbeitet

Beitrag von abacom » Dienstag 24. September 2013, 13:51

Da die ProfiLab-Komponenten für Phidgets-Hardware noch auf einer alten - nicht mehr verfügbaren - Treiberversion basierten
und mit den aktuellen Treibern nicht mehr funktionierten haben wir die Implementierung nun überarbeitet.

Für die Verwendung dieser Hardware muss nun die aktuelle "Phidgets Libraries21" Version 2.1.8 installiert sein.

http://www.phidgets.com/docs/OS_-_Windo ... _Downloads
http://www.abacom-online.de/html/updates.html
ABACOM support

DaveLEL

Re: Phidgets überarbeitet

Beitrag von DaveLEL » Dienstag 15. April 2014, 15:12

Hi
Have the Demo version of ProfiLab Expert 4.0, to check it has the functions I need.
I have connected to my Meilhus RL-TC without a problem, but when I add a "Phigets Interface Kit" its asks for the drivers to be installed.
I have "Phidget 21 Installer" 2.1.8.20140319 with a 4 relay Phiget card connected (PNo 1014)- other programs can use the relay card with no problems.
Under Devices and Printers I have a "PhidgetInterface Kit" showing using a Microsoft driver HID-compliant device 6.1.7601.18199 (21/6/2006).

The operating system is Windows 7 Professional 64Bit.

Is this a limitation of the Demo version of the code, or is there some other problem stopping it working ?

Sorry for the post in English, but I speak no German, and expect Google translate will make a mess of it if I try and translate it, is there a separate forum for English speaking users ?

Dave

IKT

Beitrag von IKT » Dienstag 15. April 2014, 21:33

Hi DaveLEL,

wellcome to the Forum. To answer the question about an 'english'-forum, there is none. But there are people from various places in this forum and some write in english only.

Phidgets should not be a problem since there are some 'prebuildt' Functions available, one of them called 'Phidgets Interface Kit', however the Phidgets-Drivers have to be installed.
Make shure to have the latest version of them installed. It looks to me that yours is an older version. (see Date)

You should be able to check that in the DEMO-Version as well:
HARDWARE/PHIGETS
also:
HELP/supported HARDWARE
... sort by Manufacturer 'Phidgets'

On the remaining issue I can't help because I've no Phidgets HW.
++++++
Gruss/regards IKT

DaveLEL

Beitrag von DaveLEL » Mittwoch 16. April 2014, 11:53

Hi
Have now looked at the update history for ProfiLab-Expert 4.0.
http://www.abacom-online.de/updates/pro ... t40_uk.txt

The support for the Phidgets was reviewed 09/24/2013 to use the new Library 21 2.1.8.

The demo version of the software was compiled in 2010, so is now very out of date, is this why the Phidgets don't work ?

The demo version of the software needs to be updated -- at the moment it does not give a true test of the real software.
At the moment I have no confidence that when I get the full version of the software it will be capable of supporting the hardware I have.

Dave

abacom
Site Admin

Beitrag von abacom » Mittwoch 16. April 2014, 12:09

The demoversion on our homepage is also up to date.
Please de-install your current demoversion, download the new demoversion and install it.
ABACOM support

DaveLEL

Beitrag von DaveLEL » Mittwoch 16. April 2014, 17:19

Ok it is all now working, had got an old version of the DEMO software, downloaded from Meilhus.
http://www.meilhaus.org/downloadserver/ ... 40demo.exe

Find it confusing with at least 2 different companies offering the same software all calming to be the originators of it !

IKT

Beitrag von IKT » Mittwoch 16. April 2014, 17:48

- Abacom is the Originator
- Meilhaus is only a Distributor (there are others, too), depending on (your) country of residence.

(e.g.: Switzerland = Distrelec, a.s.o.)
++++++
Gruss/regards IKT

abacom
Site Admin

Beitrag von abacom » Dienstag 22. April 2014, 11:14

We ask distributers not to distribute, but to LINK or Demos, but some prefer not following our suggestions for some reasons.
ABACOM support

Antworten

Zurück zu „Weitere Geräte“