Stable Start

Antworten
duncan

Stable Start

Beitrag von duncan » Dienstag 16. Mai 2017, 15:42

I'm being driven crazy. Every time I use the SIMULATION STOP function in a project I get 'random' stops as soon soon as I start. If I can get the project started then everything works fine. I have tried various modules like SWITCH DELAY in front of SIMULATION STOP so that the signal has to be valid for sometime. This must be a problem that has been solved! Thanks

IKT

Re: Stable Start

Beitrag von IKT » Dienstag 16. Mai 2017, 17:05

I think, the logic you're using, is the wrong way around ...
Instead of a "Delay", use a "sharp trigger", see below.
Also, make sure, to reset the Mono-Flop, on SimStart.
Dateianhänge
2017-05-16_SimStop.png
a "sharp trigger" - to Stop Simulation
2017-05-16_SimStop.png (32.47 KiB) 4774 mal betrachtet
++++++
Gruss/regards IKT

duncan

Beitrag von duncan » Mittwoch 17. Mai 2017, 14:58

Thanks for the reply. I have no luck with functions that work 'immediately'... so I have found that using switch delay before the STOP helps a lot... normally I have this set to 100mS (so the signal has to be valid for this time before passing on)... Yesterday I increased this to 1 sec and have had no problems yet.
The problem appears to be that when a project starts, outputs from modules are not in a defined state for a very short period of time and this causes the project to stop... I've tried using Power On Reset to make the STOP inaccessible for the first 10 secs at start-up... but still every 20 times I start the project is stops immediately. Thanks
Dateianhänge
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.65 KiB) 4747 mal betrachtet

IKT

Beitrag von IKT » Mittwoch 17. Mai 2017, 16:52

duncan hat geschrieben:I have this set to 100mS (so the signal has to be valid for this time before passing on)
Nope, not true (... has to be valid for this time ...), it is simply delayed (the signal-lenght itself, is independent of delay-time).
What do you really mean, with stating *module*: a Macro (aka: SW-module) or a Device (aka: HW-module)?
Delaying StartSim and, delaying StopSim, are two different things (independent of each other, usually).

Could you please clarify above points?
++++++
Gruss/regards IKT

duncan

Beitrag von duncan » Mittwoch 17. Mai 2017, 17:03

Hmmm... My understanding from the help for switch delay is "When the input goes HIGH, the output will go HIGH after an adjustable interval, but only if the input stays HIGH for that time." :?:

IKT

Beitrag von IKT » Mittwoch 17. Mai 2017, 17:10

OK, you'll get a point (I've probably confused "delay" + "switch delay").
What about the other issues?
++++++
Gruss/regards IKT

Antworten

Zurück zu „Thema: Schaltung und Bauteile“