How to assign slider to input?

Antworten
kleist

How to assign slider to input?

Beitrag von kleist » Samstag 18. Dezember 2010, 12:59

Hello everyone,

First off, my German is not good enough to make this post in German. So sorry for that.

I've been a user of Profilab Expert for about 4 years now and have built quite an extensive program to control my heating system, solar panels etc in my house.

Now I've come up to the point where I am nearly finished with creating the program. The issue or challenge I am facing at the moment is making it understandable or a 'normal' person.

Here is my situation;

Let's say I have 8 different rooms in my house of which I can set the temperature... At the moment this is done seperately and you have to put in a numeric value to set the temperature you want for each room. So if I want the living room to become 20 degrees, I have to enter 22 and press set.

I recently bought a small touch screen monitor that I want to use to run a the program on, with a front panel where you have one slider which you can slide up from 18 to 25 degrees. Now this is real easy to do. But the challenge lies in the fact that I want ONE slider for ALL 8 rooms.

So what I basically want is to be able to assign the slider to a room. So with the slider I can set the temperature for rooms 1 to 8 seperately, still having one slider.

Question is, how do I do this? How can I assign the slider to the temperature input for each of the rooms? Is there someone that has done this before or does someone have an example?

I was thinking of the following solution;

One slider on a frontpanel with next to it buttons for each of the corresponding rooms. If I select the living room, the slider is assigned to the living room temperature input and I can set the temperature for the living room. Next I select bedroom and the slider is assigned to the bedroom temperature input and so on...

At the moment I have no idea how to put this into practice... I have tried a setlist, but that doesn't seem to give the right result...

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike D

Re: How to assign slider to input?

Beitrag von Mike D » Samstag 18. Dezember 2010, 15:52

for example in this way?

Mike
Dateianhänge
Temperature-Controll.prj
(3.26 KiB) 406-mal heruntergeladen

esa

Beitrag von esa » Samstag 18. Dezember 2010, 23:53

Hallo Kleist,

here is another example for you

regards esa
Dateianhänge
Raumregelung 8 fach.prj
(16.93 KiB) 397-mal heruntergeladen

KAKTUS

Beitrag von KAKTUS » Sonntag 19. Dezember 2010, 13:17

the fact that I want ONE slider for ALL 8 rooms.
Thats not possible, because the slider has no input to load it. You see it at the example from Mike D. Off course, good work from Mike D

You set living room to 22°C and switch to Bedroom, after switching Bedroom its also 22°C, but you want 18 °C, you turn the slider. Then you switch back to living room, now it has also 18°C. This is not very comfortable.

Take for every room one front panel with its own slider, maybe its the easiest way.
Dateianhänge
Heizung.zip
(1.65 KiB) 368-mal heruntergeladen
stachlige Grüße, Kaktus

kleist

Beitrag von kleist » Donnerstag 30. Dezember 2010, 09:29

Excuse me for my late reply.

Thank you very much for your input and the examples. I'll look into them! A quick looks tells me that the third example appears to be the best option!

A question about the 'Raumreglung 8 fach'. Istwert and Sollwert? Istwert = what the current temperature is and sollwert = what the temperature should be? And then the bar from 0 to 100% shows the difference between the ist and sollwert?

See if I understood that correctly, that would be nice to have on the third example, because I have certain minimum values for each room preset (against frost).

Antworten

Zurück zu „Einsteigerfragen / FAQ“